Monday 20 May 2013

An Update on Daycare

Paul and I decided that it would be a good idea for us to introduce Calleigh into Daycare now that we are here. It gives her the chance to interact with other children and try some new activities and also gives me a day in the house alone so I can clean/tidy/blog or whatever I feel like doing. We decided on just one day a week for now as I think I would miss her too much if we did anymore.

After walking around a few of the local establishments we decided on the one that was closest to our home so she is never too far away, just in case. We signed her up for a free trial day to see how she does.


She cried as I left and I cried a little in the car too, this was the first time I had left her with someone other than family. But they assured me she would be fine and I went on my way. 
I returned a couple of hours later and she was so happy to see me and came running over. I was told she didn't eat much but had a good day and interacted well. Although she did get upset every time someone walked past the door and it wasn't me. 

She has now been there for 3 weeks now and although she is still crying when I leave she has been getting on much better. She has started eating more there and is overall much happier throughout the day. 

Every time I go to pick her up I get a sheet telling me everything she has done on that day. When she had her nappy changed, when she napped, when and what she ate and also a short paragraph on what activities she did. 

Last weeks report made me laugh but also made me feel like Calleigh is a little bit of a grumpy old man. 

"Today I.. Sat in the shade on my rocking chair and watched the kids play when we went outside"

Oh dear...

I can't wait to see what my crazy old man gets up to this week. 

1 comment :

  1. Hahaha the old man bit at the end made me laugh out loud! Glad she's settling in :)
    Hannah xo

    hannahsundae.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete