Thursday 23 January 2014

Night Time Nosebleeds

Yesterday morning Calleigh woke up with a rather blood stained nose.


Our biggest concern was that she had fallen out of her new toddler bed and banged her nose on something (even if the bed is only 1 foot from the floor). After cleaning her up there appeared to be no bruises or other telltale signs of a bang to the nose and we also spotted quite a bit of blood on the bed sheets and pillow and also on the sleeve of her Pyjama's.
So we concluded it had to have been a little nose bleed.


Calleigh has never had a nose bleed before so it did worry me a little bit, especially as it seemed that she had slept through it. I do remember, from when we took Calleigh to the doctors, that he had noticed the back of her nose was a bit sore, presumably from a cold, and for the past couple of days she has had quite a runny nose and a cough. So it made sense to me to just put it down to that. Although I have been keeping an extra eye on her to make sure she's okay.

I never suffered too much with nose bleeds when I was younger but I do remember my sister having them quite a lot. That girls nose could turn a white dress red in seconds. I do hope Calleigh doesn't start to suffer with them regularly. There's nothing worse than seeing your little one covered in blood.


2 comments :

  1. I used to get them all the time and so did Tom, mostly kids grow out of it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember Lana getting them all the time. I just worry too much when it comes to Calleigh haha. I'm hoping it was a one off xxx

      Delete