Saturday 7 December 2013

Christmas Tree Cupcakes

It's December so it's time for lots of festive baking! I love making cupcakes (and we all love eating them). Most recently I tried my hand at a very festive Christmas Tree Cupcake. The cupcake itself was made using a Christmas packet mix from Pillsbury and the icing was a can of green icing from Betty Crocker. A bit of cheating there but the actual making of this cupcake wasn't important to me, it was all about the decoration.
This was my first attempt and I must say I am quite proud of how they turned out. 



To make the Christmas Tree start with a blob of icing in the center of the cake and then work your way out to the edge of the cupcake in strips (about 4 or five should do). Next start on the upper layers using the same technique and so on until it forms a tree shape.

Calleigh loved them, she didn't care much for the shape she just wanted to dive into eating it.. And she did! 





1 comment :

  1. So fun and festive- love the idea! And I have a feeling you'll be finding green icing everywhere for a while :)

    ReplyDelete