Wednesday 6 February 2013

Getting Better

Calleigh is so much better today. She still has a little cough and a very runny nose (cue lots of tissues everywhere) but is a lot happier and has got back to her usual antics. 
She was so bad on Monday and her temperature shot right up that I ended up taking her to the doctors. After the all clear from the doctor of anything serious she prescribed some antibiotics and some paracetamol suppositories (What?!?). 
Luckily for Calleigh when we went to pick up her prescription they were fresh out of her bum pellets (as I have so aptly named them) so we had to make due with the usual oral method of getting the drugs into her. 

Poor Calleigh at her worst on Monday

I downloaded the Calpol app (It's free!) onto my phone to monitor her temperature and when I was giving her each dose. It has the option to set reminders for each dose so you don't have to try and remember when the last time was. Really useful for someone like me who has no concept of time. 



She had a rough night on Monday but woke up looking a lot better. And last night managed to sleep through the night without waking (although she did only go to bed about half 10). 

I tried to give her a bum pellet this morning but couldn't bring myself to do it and it kept slipping out of my fingers. I think I will stick to the liquid, even if it is a fight to get her to take it. 

I'm hoping by the weekend all trace of this nasty cold has gone as we have plans to visit a farm with a friend haha and I definitely think that being house bound these past two days has sent her a little stir crazy. 

Looking a lot happier 

7 comments :

  1. She looks adorable in that bottom picture. Can't wait to see her on Sat x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww poor wee thing!!! Thanks for the app recommendation, I never knew it existed but will be very useful for me! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know of it until I found myself googling what a high temperature was for a baby. A good find :-) xxx

      Delete
  3. Very please that she's doing better, nothing worse than being really ill especially when you're that young and doesn't really understand it.
    Hope you'll be able to go in the weekend, it'd be such a nice trip x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! My name is Christy and I blog over at Monkeys and Twinkle Stars. I nominated you for the Liebster Award and look forward to following your journey. I am your newest follower!

    I hope you have a great weekend!
    XOXO
    Christy

    ReplyDelete