Friday 1 February 2013

The Breakdown of a Name

Deciding on a name for your baby is a long process where you and your significant other can spend hours looking through baby name books until you find that one name that both of you can agree on.
It was a little different for us, see I already had a name for whether it was a boy or a girl and it all just depended on whether Paul would agree. Fortunately he did and once we found out we were expecting a girl she was always going to be our little Calleigh beans.

I liked the name Calleigh ever since watching CSI: Miami (yes, she is named after a TV character). I thought it was a beautiful name and knew from then that if I had a daughter that is what I was going to call her.

It does cause a bit of confusion for some people though. My Nanna still to this day can't grasp the name Calleigh and instead calls her either Kayleigh, Carly, Kelly or Kylie. A few friends have also adopted the name Kayleigh for her, along with doctors, nurses and some others.
There is also the fact that, like my dear sister who has the unique name Lana, we will find it extremely difficult to buy her those personalised key rings that give you a little history of your name.

So after some extensive Internet research (It's even hard to find it on the Internet) and using variations such as Callie and Cali I have found a brief history and meaning of her name.

Glitter Text Generator


Calleigh (or Callie)- Comes from the Greek word Cal meaning "most beautiful" 
Could also mean "from the forest" 
Cali is the nickname for the state of California

People with this name are excellent at analysing, understanding, and learning. They tend to be mystics, philosophers, scholars, and teachers. Because they live so much in the mind, they tend to be quiet and introspective, and are usually introverts. When presented with issues, they will see the larger picture. Their solitary thoughtfulness and analysis of people and world events may make them seem aloof, and sometimes even melancholy.

That is about all I could find out. But all you really need to know is that it's a beautiful name for a beautiful little girl.  

6 comments :

  1. yes..a beautiful name!!
    my last 3 kids names are John, Luke and Mark....does that say anything about our conversion?!!!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for Co-Hosting the blog hop. I am your newest follower. If you get the chance I would love it if you swing by and check out the Nifty Thrifty Family.
    http://niftythriftyfamily.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a beautiful name.
    I like the way you spell it too.
    I'm stopping by and following your lovely blog from the hop. :)

    www.thislifesbeautifulmoments.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you spell it - I have only ever seen it "callie"

    I am finding it so hard to think of names for baby 2! We struggled with Rosie, it was the only name we could agree on! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful name!! I have never heard of it before and I think it works perfectly for a girl. x

    ReplyDelete