Sunday 14 July 2013

The St Louis Zombie Run

St Louis Zombie Run

This post is a little different to my usual posts, mainly because it's not about Calleigh but about me instead. There's no shame in writing a little bit about yourself on your daughters blog. 

Today I took part in the St Louis Zombie Run.... as a Zombie. 
I have been looking forward to this for about a month since I found out about it on Facebook. The event itself is a 5K run (if you choose to take part as a runner). Or you could opt to be a Zombie instead and face the task of scaring the living daylights out of the innocent runners and trying to take their lives by popping the red balloons they wear around their waist. 

We headed down to Queeny Park and arrived just before 9am for check in. Once checked in I joined the queue to go and have my make up done. It all went relatively quickly and before I knew it I was an official Zombie. 

St Louis Zombie Run

I got to ride in a school bus as me and the other Zombie's were taken to our positions along the course. I was fortunate enough to get the first Zombie spot just after the race start. We hid in the bushes and waited for the race to start. 
The runners were released in waves and I put on my best zombie act as they ran past, managing to get a few screams out of them. It is so much fun scaring random strangers, although I did get scratched by one of them near the end, accidentally of course, but it was hard to tell how bad is was as I couldn't distinguish between my own blood and the fake blood. 

St Louis Zombie Run

Calleigh wasn't bothered much by it at all, she just kept looking at me strangely. She is a brave girl and I'm pretty sure that if I did scare her at any point she would of headbutted me anyway. 

All in all we had a brilliant day out. 
Even if I did burn my shoulders and get eaten alive by bugs. 

St Louis Zombie Run

1 comment :